Saturday, December 23, 2006

Deserve your blessings

Parents rarely let go of their children, so children let go of them. They move on. They move away. The moments that used to define them-a mother's approval, a father's nod-are covered by moments of their own accomplishments. It is not until much later, as skin sags and the heart weakens, that children understand; their stories, and all their accomplishments sit atop the stories of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones, beneath the waters of their lives.
-Mitch Albom in The five people you meet in heaven.

I am reading this book and thought I must share it with the world. Can't thank my parents enough. I wish myself and all of you strength to re-start/rebuild the parent - child relationships, if need be. If we get 'deserved' blessings from them, believe me, we will never be unhappy.

1 comment:

Dushyant said...

This is really touching and indeed, a fact. Parents are the building blocks of one's life. They are the most selfless persons one can have around. They are the ones who are always ready to support you, whatever conditions you are in. So, thanking them can be the least, one can do to show his/her gratitude.