My interpretation of the lessons of the 5 lessons is as follows
- All humans and situations are connected somehow. You may or may not know but so many people and situations may be contributing to your happiness, success, health and contentment. Even the people contributing or impacting your life may not know that.
- Sacrifice is a blessing and it should not be taken as life being unjust to you. Everyone in this world, country, society, organization, family makes small or big sacrifices every day. Some move on taking it as part of life and some carry the feeling of being wronged, making life difficult for people around them. Being made to sacrifice should be taken as God providing you the opportunity to feel good about yourself and not other wise.
- Forgive. Carrying anger and hatred is bad. You may feel that you are harming the objects of your anger by showing them down, not talking to them etc but actually its a double edged sword. Sometimes, who you hate may not even know about your feelings and you may only be harming yourself.
- Create pleasant memories. You may lose some people you love but you should not feel that you have lost everything. In the words of Albom " Lost love is still love. It takes a different form, that's all . You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it."
- Whatever you do take pride in it. You may feel that you are not going anywhere. Not doing anything worthwhile with your life or feel lost where you are but even while doing seemingly worthless like fixing the last screw on the automobile may be saving a million lives in your life time.
Now these are things known to us all. Our parents, elders, teachers, bosses tell us some of the above all the time. How many of us practice it?