Friday, September 14, 2007

Good Leaders can kill their companies

Good leaders are hands on. Good leaders have done it all. Good leaders have led by example.

Good leaders become bad leaders when they refuse to grow. Good leaders become bad leaders when they refuse to delegate. Good leaders become bad leaders when they instruct all the time without empowerment.

How many times are we reminded of leaders who failed to let go ! I have been guilty of it too. I have changed, I am changing thanks to some self empowered colleagues.

I express my gratitude to them today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are absolutely right in your description of good leadership.

reading your post, i would like to add another two:

- good leaders aren't afraid to express themselves

- good leaders are generous with appreciation and gratitude

i notice yours is a new venture. i wish you all the best with it!