Sunday, January 11, 2009

Milagrow De-addiction

At Milagrow we take 2 block breaks every year of about 10 days each. First one during summers, at the end of June and second one during the winters, Christmas onwards. It is our way of 'Milagrow de-addiction'.

This winter we had both Saksham and Samarth coming home for holidays and the family was complete. We all met my parents, Shobha's parents and the entire extended family...lunches dinners et all.

We met my friends from the 12th standard...some of us were meeting after 26 years....it took us just 2 minutes to rediscover the old lingo to the bewilderment of our spouses...

Saw a lot of movies Jis Desh me Ganga Behti Hai, Taxi Driver, Slum Dog Millionaire, Ghajini, Rab ne Bana Di Jodi...

Went to Chandni Chowk, ate at Karims, traveled on the Delhi metro, Cycle Rickshaws....

Did not reply to mails and messages of new year...just wanted to break free a bit...

Wrote my new year poem...enjoyed the winter sun, munched mungfalis(peanuts), hogged on saag and makki di roti....

And of course a little bit of enjoyable work.

A perfect holiday...I think.

My gratitude to my family, friends, colleagues and clients without whom these breaks can not be so enjoyable.

No comments: